Ms Carmel Thompson is the CEO of The Southern Cross Connection.
Carmel was previously the owner of Achievers International College & Achievers Business College in Brisbane which offered courses in Business, Travel, Hospitality, Management and Information Technology to both local and overseas students. In 1994 Carmel foresaw a shift in education and training out of the classroom into industry and high schools. She sold her colleges to the Educational Foundation Group of Japan and set up an international consultancy practice under the name of The Southern Cross Connection (SCC).
Carmel is a qualified Accountant who possesses a skill for getting the job done through the medium of collaboration and communication. She has had considerable experience in the international marketplace. This has resulted in the building of strong relationships with other leaders in this industry.
Carmel is a highly respected trainer specialising in Management Programs and also Trainer/Assessor Courses . She has a high profile in Australia and is serving on numerous committees. She is much sort after speaker at national and international conferences focusing on the importance of vocational training to the current day world of work and capacity building.
Carmel's credibility as a business consultant and trainer is enhanced by her business credentials, reputation and experience.
She also has the skills of attracting the right people to the right project. Her team comprises of those who are highly skilled, flexible and committed to thier clients.
- Master of Education (Quality Management)
- Post Grad. Dip. in Social Ecology
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
- Dip of Management
- Dip. of Business
- Dip. of Training, Design & Development
- Dip. of Vocational Education & Training
- President Elect of IVETA (International Vocational Education & Training Association)
- Member of the Senate Committee of Warnborough University, London, UK. .
- Member of the Board of International Accreditation & Recognition Council (Australia)
- Member of the Board of Aspire Training & Consultancy, (Publisher, Education & Training Organisation), Melbourne, Victoria
Current Memberships & Community Involvement
- Member of the International Vocational Education & Training Association (IVETA)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Training and Development (AITD)
- Member of International Accrediation & Recognition Council (iarc)
- Past Memberships & Community Involvement
- Member of Management Committee of Gold Coast Education & Training Network (2005-2009)
- Deputy Chair and Qld State Director of the Australian Council for Private Education & Training (1998-2000)
- Member of the Board of Australian Council for Private Education & Training Providers (1994-1998)
- President of Queensland Association of Registered Colleges (1991-1994)
- Member of the National Flexible Delivery Working Party (1992-1994)
- Member of the National Staff Development Committee (1995-1996)
- Member of Reference Group for the Review of Australian International Education Foundation (AIEF)
- Member of the Queensland State Training Council (1996-1999)
Management, strategic analysis, applied linguistics, editing, design and layout, text analysis and translation. Wordsmith, thinker, linguist, and champion of free choice. Not quite as fast as he used to be (but considerably improved), Kevin still manages to be as subversive as possible. He has difficulty with authority, and cheerfully lends his analytical and linguistic talents to deciphering bureaucratic nonsense and overcoming red tape. He has many satisfied clients. (back to top of page)
Vicki's specialist areas include training needs analysis, development of learning strategies, course development and upskilling of trainers.
She has developed e-learning and paper-based courses and learning materials to national and international standards which have met the diverse needs of governments, industry and individuals for training in Australia, USA, Canada and Kuwait. (back to top of page)
Sandy has over 30 years experience as a business consultant facilitating change and conducting training for various enterprises in Sydney, Melbourne and Hobart. For the past 3 years she has been developing learning and assessment resources for RTOs throughout Australia.
Sandy also delivers training courses and conducts assessment on a regular basis in order to maintain her connection with trainees and their needs.
Kerry, of DeltaPi: Developing People, is an eLearning and Education Technology specialist who prefers to be an "ET guy" rather than an "IT guy", insisting that Education Technology isn't about geeks trying out their latest gadgets. He is passionate about carefully and creatively utilising available technologies to enhance, compensate and facilitate the learning experience. It's first and last about you, the learner. Always has been. Always will be. (back to top of page)
Sandeep is the CEO of RTO Control Systems and developer of the TEAMS Student Management System. His organisation provides services to RTOs in the area of database integration, compliance and marketing. He also publishes the new VET Magazine "RTO SUCCESS".
Sandeep provides IT advice to SCC and the team and assists us to provide service to our clients.
Harry oversees the team and gives us all a morning infusion of 'a hearty laugh' to start the day. After all if we lose our ability to laugh and have fun then what is the purpose of living let alone trying to help others to learn!